Hilltop for Sixth Form & Colleges,
Day and Residential Programmes for Sixth Form
& GNVQ College Courses (ages 16-19)
Induction, Core Skills, Team Development
Hilltop is a dedicated active learning centre set in 31 acres of coastal North Norfolk. Established in 1989, Hilltop now boasts over 20 years experience in delivering development courses for young adults.
The Hilltop accommodation is comfortable and the catering homely. Our instructional staff are mainly in their mid twenties, relate well to groups of this age and are experienced in getting the best out of the facilities and challenges offered.
The emphasis is on learning through enjoyment, challenge and achievement. Activity is supported by appropriate review and team discussion. There is inevitably an incidental team building effect on the group and staff.
Primary Aims of GNVQ Courses: Related to Core Skills
- Personal Responsibility – Managing Oneself
- Self Awareness and Self Esteem
- Communication Skills – Particularly Listening
- Working in a Team
- Team Building – Developing Group Unity and Identity
- Positive and Systematic Approach to Problem Solving
- Information Gathering and Presentation Skills
- Achievement and Enjoyment – Realistic Goals
- Leadership Skills and Styles
Activities Offered by Hilltop
- Team and Individual Challenges
- Problem Solving
- Climbing and Abseiling
- High Ropes Complex
- Super Swing
- Power Fan
- Big Zipper
- Assault Course
- Adventure Activities – Archery, Air Rifles, Mountain Bikes, Bridge Complex
- Business Games and Simulations
- Journeys, Night Exercises
- Orienteering, Incident Hike
- Pioneering Projects
- Low Ropes
- Crate Stacking
- Indoor Practical Activities
- Tree Top Trail
The Activities listed above can be set in a framework of a revenue/production business scenario with small teams working as companies.
Hilltop is recognised as a centre of excellence. It has the highest standard of staff qualification and training. Hilltop ensures that all matters relating to Health & Safety are fully covered including risk assessments, operating procedures and regular safety checks on all facilities.
Many colleges use the core/common skills framework to develop students during their stay. Other colleges use Hilltop as a business to include work on tourism, leisure, customer care or business studies.
Our objective is to fully involve the students in all aspects of the course at Hilltop, including sessions in the morning, afternoon and evening.
- Cambridge College
- Downham Market College
- Great Yarmouth College
- Hertfordshire College
- Hills Road Sixth Form
- Hinckley College
- Huntingdonshire College
- Lowestoft College
- Norwich City College
- Otley College, Suffolk
- Paston College
- Peterborough College
- Samuel Ward Sixth Form
- The College of West Anglia
- University Campus Suffolk
- For up to 60 pupils.
- Separate rooms for staff.
- Modern buildings – set in 26 acre grounds.
- Bedrooms carpeted and many en-suite.
- Full equipped study room/games room.
- Quiet room, TV lounge, easy chairs and tuck shop.
- Dining room with polished oak tables and chairs.
Staff and Safety
- Permanent staff with relevant national qualifications.
- Internal training and on-going appraisal systems.
- Staff selected for care and commitment to educational goals.
Hilltop takes safety very seriously. We have extensive risk assessments, comprehensive systems for procedures, maintenance, training and operating plans. Clients are welcome to inspect these systems.
Hilltop is purpose built to ensure high levels of participation and activity.
- 1:8 on activities
- 1:15 on studies
Most activities are within our grounds – little time is spent travelling or waiting turns!
Instructor led sessions morning, afternoon and evenings.
Costs are related to group size and length of stay. Please contact the reception or details of prices and availability.
Please visit our Resources Area to view or download any of our risk assessment documents. Risk Assessments can also be issued by post by contacting our office.
Hilltop has Public Liability cover to £5 million.